Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Not Much Knitting But Lots of Playa Dust

I just returned from Burning Man and what a scene it was! Having never been I had no idea what to expect. It was pretty amazing. Here is my (rather mediocre) flickr photoset, but check out any Burning Man pics on flickr.


Above you have my entry ticket, a Burning Man sticker, 2 awesome leather bracelets and a crocheted butterfly. The bracelets and butterfly were some goodies that people were giving out. I never got my act together to do everything that I said I was going to do except for the "cape." The fun fur proved to be very warm in the the desert at night!

Here's a quick rundown on how it all went.

Tuesday - fly from NYC to Minneapolis to Denver
Wednesday - drive in VW van with aunt from Denver through Colorado, Utah and Nevada
Thursday - arrive in Black Rock City, NV (appx 80 miles north of Reno). Get "devirginized" by rolling in the desert dust AKA the Playa. Lots of playtime in the Playa
Friday - more playtime
Saturday - more playtime
Sunday - drive back towards Denver BUT the van breaks down 65 miles outside of Reno. AAA tows us to Reno where we eventually buy plane tickets to Denver
Monday - fly from Reno to Salt Lake City. Beg Northwest and Delta ticketing agents through tear-soaked eyes to get me on a NYC-bound flight AFTER I pick up already-checked luggage since they SAID that they COULD get me on a flight. Can you sense my anger when they said that they couldn't? Fly from SLC to Denver.
Tuesday - fly from Denver back through Minneapolis to LaGuardia

Comments? Yeah, what a trip! But hey, at least I have stocking #1 of my Stitch-n-Bitch Nation's Quick n Dirty Fishnet Stockings done! Not positive how to seam these...


And waiting for me at work after a week's absence is a VERY belated birthday present - 100% Angora yarn in a gorgeous burgundy from London's Angel Yarns. Thanks Benn! Now what will I make with this?


And if you aren't pay attention, LET'S GO METS! First place! I feel that this September will be a much better one than last year's. If you don't know to what I'm referring, let's just not discuss Sept 07. It never happened.

No comments: