Wednesday, July 30, 2008

What are YOU doing on your summer vacation?

The age-old question for all children and teens departing school in mid/end June. Now that it's almost August, I can finally start enjoying my summer with...

SCUBA DIVING!
Daddy and I are hopping a Honduras-bound plane and diving for an entire week come a week from Saturday. It's been quite some time since I've strapped on my BC and purged my regulator so I was very happy to get this in the mail:


It's my PADI dive manual. I lost my old one [or it's buried in a box at either my Dad's or my Mom's house] so I need to brush up since it's been 10+ years. Next up, bathing suit shopping [as the chills run up and down my spine]. But the more important matter at hand ... what will I knit?

Probably my Tall Tales Cardigan for one of the imminent births by the many very-prego coworkers.


Enjoyed knitting the back on a Bronx-bound 6 train. Notice the lovely seats. Then came the front. I love these little giraffes!


Still working on the Solstice Slip socks from the tiny-footed Lee. Should be done shortly. Thanks for the tips on using Magic Loop. I just might start that. Thankfully the lovely owner of Yarntopia on the "Upper" West Side had some Clovers for me.

These both will probably be done before I go "leavin' on a jet plane." Hmm... more socks to bring? What is good tropical weather, chillin-on-the-beach knitting?

No comments: