Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Someone's Out To Get Me

Why? See the following scenarios.

Scenario #1
Anyone: How many DPNs have you broken?
Me: TWO!

That's right. I've snapped two KnitPicks DPNs, size 1. Not while knitting, mind you but while in my bag. I snapped one in London but since the wonderful KnitPicks sets come with 6 needles, I knew I'd be in the clear. Yeah... NO! Snapped another one just last week. So now, I have this:


The Slip-Stitch Sock from one of the 2007 installments from the Rockin' Sock Club. So I should buy another set of DPNs, right? Well, I can't. Why? No money. Why?

Scenario #2
Someone stole my ATM card number and spent all of my money and then some at a Home Depot in Missouri. This was over a week ago, and I have spoken to 5 different Citibank people, written letters and said more curse words than I knew possible. Just give me back my money!

So, I've been distracting myself with knitting and the gym. Anyone who knows me knows I adore step class. Until last night.

Scenario #3
I twisted my ankle. How bad? Bad to warrant ice packs, an ace bandage and a slight limp. I guess that means more knitting time.

Since I can't finish these socks yet, I started some other fun things: A bikini! I poached the Stitch n' Bitch Queen of Hearts Bikini pattern but am using a delightful Araucania variegated yarn.


Not sure if this is gonna fit me, but it's an idea for apparel for Burning Man. And next on the agenda... another baby sweater [pics to come] and some new sock yarn! A wonderful friend and his mom got me some Lorna's Laces sock yarn from Purl Soho.


So, please powers that be that I don't believe in, I know things come in threes. Don't throw anymore bad-ness my way.

6 comments:

Penelope said...

hmmm... poor baby! That all really is not fun.

Broken DPNs? Evidence you should elarn hot to magic loop, baby! I'll teach you...

Debbie said...

dude? wtf? um hi? these things don't happen in Arizona? are you okay? brother is worried, got all brother like when I read him your blog

alaskajoey said...

want me to see if they sell DPN's in the duty free?

limonene said...

That's awful. I hope it all gets sorted out quickly and as painlessly as possible.

How is knitpicks about replacing things like dpns? I do have to second the magic loop suggestion though.

misplacedpom said...

That sucks big time! But I'm confused, I knit with only 4 dpns why can't you?!

Shameka said...

Poor baby... I agree that magic looping is the way to go. But if you are stuck on DPN's you should check out Knitzi.com. They have sock-in-progress protectors made out of wood. When Shitibank gets your monet to you, then maybe you can buy them. However if buying online, Citi has a virtual account umber program, so you don't even have to type in your real card number. Hmm.. I guess they are trying not to be so Shiti after all. I hope everything gets better quickly. Can't wait to see that Bikini!!! I may need to add that to my queue.