Sunday, January 28, 2007

something finished, something new...

the jaywalkers are done! blocking to be done... soon... and yeah! pictures!



le slouch has begun in a delicious jaeger extra fine merino wool that i bought in london at john lewis. hopefully my next UK adventure [this weekend] will also provide some more british woolies. finally, something for me. question... the pattern calls for the first round of seed stitch to have a kfb at the end of the round. is this to be repeated for every subsequent round?

3 comments:

Debbie said...

The Jaywalkers look great, finally done! Did you have enough yarn on the skein, or did you have to rip out something?

For le slouch, I think you only increase on that one round. Because when you get to the part where you place the sm, you break it up into one set of 18st, and five of 17st. I think that reasoning makes sense.

D

misplacedpom said...

Yay! finally the stripey socks are done! Not that I was keeping tabs on just exactly how long these had taken.... or anything. (So says the knitter who has a cardigan in bits that she still hasn't finished despite having time to move house twice inbetween casting on and abandoning.)

Chanin said...

Great Jaywalkers! I made a pair that came out similar to yours - with a little spiraling against the pattern. I really love that detail. Nice work.