Saturday, June 16, 2007

To the Plane Station!

My lovely sister-in-law and fellow knitting/blogger Debbie refers to the airport as a "plane station." How painfully adorable.

Skipping across the pond I go. Look, I packed and with only 3.25 hours before my flight.


I even squeezed in some more work on my Bergamo shrug. Coming along rather well. Had to fudge some decreases here and there. Don't tell the knitting police. Just the left side and the side bands remain!


I decided to not take this project with me since it requires attention and not the treatment of a red-headed stepchild. Instead, I'm taking some Claudia Hand Painted sock yarn I bought back in Colorado and taking a crack at the Seduction Socks from Interweave. We shall see what unravels [ha! I kill me!]


Now, some of you might have noticed that me, a die-hard Mets fan, has been rather quiet regarding baseball. Unfortunately, my beloved Metropolitans have not been playing very well. Pitching not hard/fast/anything enough. Batspeed and swing leaving something to be desired. Therefore, I had to take a Ross-and-Rachel break from thinking/talking about baseball. I was still following the games but... crying on my Debbie Bliss cashmerino Aran.

Now off to London.

4 comments:

Knitting Ewe said...

Enjoy London! Plane Station, I love it!

misplacedpom said...

Pip pip and tally-ho old chap.

The Met's beat the Yankees on friday night, I know because I was there. For free. Don't hate me.

Debbie said...

yes yes, it's a plane station. Have a safe trip and enjoy the stares of many stewardesses as you knit on board.

I miiiis you too

Anonymous said...

when you get back from london, could you email me at metsgrrl at gmail dot com?? i need to commission (eg pay) someone to make me mets-colored hand/wrist warmers. not for this season, obviously, but to get in your queue for next year. :)