Thursday, October 29, 2009

My "Saturday" Night

Another foray into the vegan unknown.
Tonight's installment: Vegan Lasagna.


I did a spinach-mushroom mixture with caramelized onions. For a mock ricotta cheese, I mashed up soft tofu, olive oil, rosemary and lemon juice. I also added nutritional yeast in the tofu mixture and on each layer. Sauce of choice was a vegan bechamel. This didn't impress me. For the next try, I'll make an arrabbiata with fresh tomatoes.

Verdict?
The roommate and The BoSox Fan liked it, and they are rather carnivorous. And I enjoyed making it (in my leopard fleece pants... with a tail!)



Knitting side dish? Second sock of the Spring Forward socks. I also ordered the Christmas stockings kit from knitpicks and am excited and scared. I couldn't decide on the blue/white or the orange/green ... so I got both! But first things first.


Mountain opens Nov. 20!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

who are those socks for?!?!?

could they be for mumu?!?!?!?