Monday, June 8, 2009

Blogging Mojo Come Back!

I finally visited my only LYS - The Yarn Studio in Minturn, CO. Cute shop! The shopkeeper was extremely helpful in finding exactly what I needed.


I'm making Boston Red Sox socks for the BoSox Fan; he even helped me pick out the yarn! Granted, he picked up Claudia Handpainted at first - yup, he's a keeper. Ended up with some Debbie Bliss Rialto 4ply and the new issue of KnitScene. Aaah, I feel much better now.


Before all of the yarn extravaganza, I went "camping" this past weekend. The Colorado regional Burning Man event was this past weekend, Apogaea. Loved it! And check out what I got to see while driving.


And for what's on my needles:
Leyburn socks are still moving along. They will be for my Nana since they are a bit roomy for me. Such a great pattern though. (Yes, that's a Starbucks stirrer instead of a DPN. Man, am I good improviser!)


Another bikini (I lost the last one!). Twins from knitty will be a good addition to my Burning Man wardrobe. Only thing done is the band. Will this support "my" twins?


Another Burning Man need - a coat. Something simple in stockinette with some chunky weight yarn and an obligatory fur trim. Suggestions?

1 comment:

alaskajoey said...

OHHHHH!!! i saw just that coat you are talking about recently (i know you are not talking about a specific coat, just a coat in general, but one that matches that description). will have a look when i get home to see if i can find it.